Should one go for MBA in USA?

I have a GPA of less than 1. I have done my schooling from vernacular medium (up to S.S.C) I have done my Bachelors in commerce i.e T.Y.Bcom from Mumbai University (India) in 2009. My average scores have been around 50-55% in academics till H.S.C …

I have a GPA of less than 1. I have done my schooling from vernacular medium (up to S.S.C) I have done my Bachelors in commerce i.e T.Y.Bcom from Mumbai University (India) in 2009. My average scores have been around 50-55% in academics till H.S.C i.e 12th and after then it has been 40-45% during senior college up to T.Y.Bcom. I had lapses during my senior college and therefore I have taken 9 years to pursue total graduation instead of normal 5 years. I dont have any formal work experience. But I have worked with a small firm for learning diamond grading (I am no more interested in it anymore)
Recently I had a word with couple of people and everyone suggested me to go for an MBA from USA. I really want to know that how is the education and teaching system in USA for MBA? How far a student with such a profile can cope up with the MBA over there? After all it is an investment of at lest 50,000$ for 2 years.
I would like to know what skills are required? What type of examination or evaluation methods are followed in USA for MBA? What kind of help is possible to get?
Most of all everyone told me that I cant change the past but I would like to know is it fair for student with this profile to take up such a course?
What would be the challenges that I will have to follow?

friends plz help me out I am really confused regarding what should I do??????

Inspite of your background, your articulation is very good.
There is no harm in pursuing an MBA program abroad. It is infact a good boost to your career.
BUT, you do not seem to know why you are doing an MBA.
MBA isn't something to be done because you have run out of options or are bored or because many people told you to do it.
It is a managerial course, which means you need to have a little work experience to understand it better. It is not required, but it is very essential.
Please probe in to your personal goals and see if MBA is the correct option for you. If you want to know more about MBA, read PG forums that have been stressing on these for years now. Sure, life after an MBA program is very good, but not for everyone, especially not for people who got in by error.
Maybe you are the next diamond merchant of your city. You can hire MBAs to do the managerial work for you. Please take a goal setting session and re-evaluate the reasons. Only then can you go further.

Also I am pretty sure, there is a thread already open for your query. Don't open a new one.

Register Now for QS Discover!
Network with fellow students and top universities at the Master’s and MBA Fair in Dubai.
:date: Date: 21 September 2024
:clock3: Time: 15:30 - 19:00 Asia/Calcutta
:round_pushpin: Location: Shangri-La Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road

Don’t miss this opportunity to connect and explore your future!

you can consider these college they offer good ROI

• CMU
  • NYU
  • Boston
  • Haas Berkeley

0 voters