Probability doubt

If the probability of rain on any given day in Pune city is 50 % then what is the Probability that it rains on exactly 3 days in a 5 - day period ?A.8/125 B.5/16 C.8/25 D.2/25

If the probability of rain on any given day in Pune city is 50 % then what is the Probability that it rains on exactly 3 days in a 5 - day period ?
A.8/125
B.5/16
C.8/25
D.2/25

It is 5/16.
5c3. (1/2^5) = 10/32 = 5/16

Btw you'll find answers to doubts a lot quicker in the quant forum
http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/quantitative-ability-and-di/official-quant-thread-c-t-88456/p-3611604?page=438
@manali16
@MikelArteta : Ty

solve this: A& b are frnds nd decif to meet btwn 1 pm nd 2 pm on given day with condition whoever arrives 1st will not wait for the other mor thn 15 min what is the probablity that they vil meet that day .

Solv this:When both 26534 and 25644 are divided by a divisor the remainder obtained is same. What is the divisor..kindly gv d xplantn too if posibl d shortest

hello everybody. i'm varatharaj doing pre final year in mechanical engineering in coimbatore(tamilnadu).Right from the day i know about cat i started dreaming being an IIM er! MBA is my passion. im preparing for CAT 2013. As i was from a lower middle class background i cant afford to pay the coaching class fee. now iam preparing for CAT using the books from my college library.
but those books are really confusing and deviated from the actual CAT questions.i dont have a pc too. so i cant refer any online materials. i spend 4 hours daily for preparing CAT. my friend advised me that 4 hours of such preparations=1 hour of preparation by using standard materials like TIME,IMS. i went to TIME and ask them whether i can get the materials alone for a cheaper price. they said they will provide material only along with a course. and that course costs 20000! i was heart broken! i desperately need some standard books. i would be greatly thankful if someone is will to donate extra materials or old materials! PG is my only hope. so please help me! thank you all

what is the total number of ways of selecting 20 balls from an infinite number of blue, green and yellow balls?

a)3^20 b)20^3 c)231 d) 1771

give me the answer with explanation..

If three consecutive numbers are selected randomly from first 100 natural numbers.what is probability that their product of 3 numbers is divisible by 24 ?

• 61/98
  • 41/98

0 voters

There are 5 white balls and 3 black balls in one urn ; 4 white and 8 black balls in second urn and 3 white and 6 black balls in the third urn. A ball is taken at random from the first urn and is placed in the second urn.Then a ball is taken from the second urn and it is placed in the third urn.Now a ball is taken from the third urn.Find the probability that the third selected ball is white...

can any one explain me monty hall probability problem, mean how does the probability gets 2/3 after switching,in my opinion it shuld be 1/2,1/2?

The probability of three persons A,B,C to make it to top of a mountain are 1/4,1/3,1/2 respectively. What is the probability that at least two of three reach the tip of the mountain???

A salary increase by 20% and then decrease by 20% what is net percentage chamge in A’s salary